WE WILL NOT HAVE USE OF THE SPORTSHALL AT CATERHAM FOR SUNDAYS 24TH FEBRUARY AND 3RD MARCH.
THE SOFTBALL SESSIONS FOR THE YOUNGER PLAYERS WILL GO AHEAD IN THE GYM AS NORMAL. PLEASE REGISTER AT THE GYM.
WEATHER PERMITTING, THERE WILL BE AN OUTDOOR SESSION, INCLUDING A LADS AND DADS GAME ON THE ASTROTURF AT 10.00, BUT THERE WILL BE NO NETS AND NO LATER SESSION AT 11.30
We are pleased to announce that winter coaching for all age groups will be held on Sunday mornings at the Sports Hall, Caterham High School, Heathcote Avenue, IG5 OQW
Open to boys, girls, adult members, and non-members by invitation, the programme will include
- Fun and fundamentals for beginners (from age 5)
- Fitness and skills including match scenarios, slog sweeps, paddle shots, inside out, reverse swing and nets for older juniors and adults.
- Ongoing training: a must for coaches, older juniors and anyone interested: includes. The future of cricket (ECB plans), Wanstead’s ambitious agenda (our future), coaching for everyone, new ideas. NO CHARGE
- 1 2 1’s and video analysis (subject to numbers)
Coaching Times- All Sunday mornings
20 January 2019, registration, set up, 9.30 am
- 9.30 to 10.15 beginners (from 5 years to 8 years)
- 10.30 to 11.30 early starters (9 years to 10 years)
- 10.00 to 11.30 U9s, U10s, U11s, U12s
- 11.30 to 13.00 U13s, U14s, U15s
Every Sunday morning thereafter until Sunday 14th April, same times, content subject to review.
From Sunday 10th February, adult men & women will join the 11.30 session
Cost Unchanged- £5:00 per session (£10.00 for two or more siblings and free after paying for 10 weeks) contribution to cover the cost of facilities. There will be no charge for coaching.
Younger players: starter kit will be provided, and sessions will be ‘soft ball’. Older players should bring their kit. Please wear suitable clothing (optional style) and bring a drink.
NOTE first Friday outdoors at Overton 26/4/2019, provisional